Why this blog?

Reason For the Blog

Hello, my name is Steve. I am a middle-aged husband and a father of one beautiful girl. The reason for this blog is two-fold. First, by posting whats happening in my life in regards to the activity and treatment for my gastroparesis (gp) then I feel it is likely that some information from this blog may be of aid to someone who is also suffering from gp, aka "the stomach flux" everyday of their lives. The second reason I created this blog is so I may express what's going on in my gp-life. By typing away my frustrations I feel my self relaxing, both physically and emotionally. Feel free to send me any comments or advise you may have. Shalom.

Pages

Gastroparesis Awareness

Gastroparesis Awareness
Gastroparesis Awareness

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Shut-In



For over six years now, I have become a social recluse, in truth a shut-in.  I have reached the point in my GP that I am actually afraid to leave the house.  I haven't been to visit my family in a long long time.  The only time I have seen my parents is when they drove me to and from the emergency room.  In fact, I have yet to meet my youngest nephew who is over one years old.  I have missed Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations year after year. It is very depressing, trust me.

Six years ago I was on the fast-track to becoming an ordained minister through my General Baptist church.  I was ministering to people around the world with the organization I created and ran, The Road to God Ministry.  I was giving sermons in church and evangelizing through the internet, the distribution of tracts in Jewish newspapers and working city and county fairs.  And I absolutely loved it!

But then it happened...I got sick.  I thought it was the stomach flu, but it never went away.  What is GP to me?  It is the stomach flu for life.  Never knowing when I would vomit without warning.  Never knowing if I could tolerate the unrelenting nausea.  Never knowing if I could take pain medication for the agony GP puts me through.  Never knowing if I should go to the local emergency room, even though they see me as a habitual drug seeker instead of a patient in intense pain.

I know I am ranting here, but I am hoping there are others out there who could pass on some good advice as to how to be properly social while being ill.  Please leave comments or send me a message.

Happy Hanukkah everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment